The Friedrich-Ebert Foundation is pleased to launch the Call for Applications for the 2018 edition of the Academy for Social Democracy. The Call is open to candidates that fulfill the following requirements:
· From 18 to 25 years
· Males and females of every ethnicity and religion
· Everyone who works and/or studies and/or is active in the public life in Albania (parties, trade unions, NGOs etc.)
· Everyone who has the willingness to expand and improve his/her own political horizon
· Everyone who is ready to get and give impulses and progressive ideas and visions
The goal of the Academy is to educate and train our participants with social and democratic orientation and who are politically engaged and/or would like to become active in the social and political life of the country.
In order to enable an effective cooperation and to successfully conclude the Academy, it is important that the candidates also meet the following requirements:
· Share the values of freedom, solidarity, tolerance, social justice, equality
· Have excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
· Be punctual, organized, enthusiastic
· Full attendance is mandatory
The Foundation covers all accommodation-, food-, and travel-costs (on the basis of supporting documents/tickets)
Those who would like to apply are kindly invited to fill out the form with the requested information and write in English a short essay (min. ½ to max. 1 page) about only one of the following topics:
Ø What are the contemporary challenges to democracy in Albania?
Ø Social democratic values from the perspective of youth/your perspective?
Ø Do you consider a social democratic approach useful for overcoming the current challenges in Albania and, if so, why?
Selection process in two phases:
Ø Pre-selection on the basis of the completed form and the essay
Ø Selection phase in form of interviews taking place during the middle or end of July
The deadline for the receipt of applications is the 30th of June, 2018
The results of their deliberations will be announced shortly after. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Only after the full completion of the modules the participants will receive a certificate for the successful participation in the Academy.
All applications should be submitted electronically to: aida.dumani(at)fes-tirana.org
For specific questions, please also contact: firstname.lastname@example.org